Credit Cards That Earn Capital One Miles
Looking to earn Capital One miles?
You can spend them for a penny each as a Purchase Eraser or transfer them to a range of airline transfer and hotel partners. Note that different transfer partners have different transfer ratios.
|Capital One Miles||Last updated: January 2022|
|Transfer Ratio||Expected Transfer Time|
|Air Canada (Aeroplan)||1:1||Instant|
|Air France / KLM Flying Blue||1:1||Instant|
|British Airways Avios||1:1||TBD|
|Cathay Pacific Asia Miles||1:1||1-3 days|
|Choice Hotels||1:1||~ 1 day|
|Etihad Guest||1:1||1-2 days|
|TAP Air Portugal||1:1||TBD|
|Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles||1:1||TBD|
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer||1:1||1-2 days|
|Wyndham Rewards Hotel Program||1:1||Instant|
|Accor Live Limitless (ALL) Hotel Program||2:1||1-2 days|
Here are the most exciting Capital One transfer partners in my opinion – and why:
- Aeroplan: Provides a low cost Star Alliance award chart with very generous open jaw / stopover rules. They are a great way to book United Business class to Europe. They’ve hashed out their differences with Air Canada and will remain the Air Canada program and maintain their Star Alliance relationship. Only Amex and Marriott are currently partners with Aeroplan besides Capital One.
- Etihad Airways: I’ve written about my favorite use here. That involved using Etihad miles to book premium class AA flights. You can also use them for a bunch of solid deals, like 44,000 each way in Business class to Morocco on Royal Air Maroc.
- Avianca: Read my Avianca Cheat Sheet here. Amex, Citi and Marriott are current Avianca partners.
- Cathay Pacific: Currently an Amex membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Marriott partner, it’s another way to use points for Oneworld bookings. They did recently devalue their award chart but it’s always worth comparing to your other options, namely using American Airlines miles or Avios. On some longer, connecting mixed class itineraries, you can get some fantastic deals with AsiaMiles.
- Singapore Airlines is less amazing since you can already transfer every other transferable currency there and this ratio is lower than the others, but it could still be useful if you need to top off for an award. Singapore’s own miles remain the only way to book their famous Singapore First Class Suites.
- Air France / KLM Flying Blue: With every other transferable credit card point also transferring to Flying Blue, this is another source you can combine miles from for a big award.
- Turkish Miles&Smiles: While it takes some effort to learn how to use this program (it’s a bit more advanced level!), the value can be outstanding. Read how you could book a one way flight to Hawaii in Business Class from anywhere in the continental USA for just 12,500 miles (availability permitting).
Be aware: Capital One will pull all 3 credit bureaus when deciding to approve or deny your application. As well, a business card with Capital One will be reported to credit bureaus on your personal report, meaning that it will count against your Chase 5/24 status.
We base our rankings on the value of the points of each card by the amount of the bonus. Pretty simple!
Advertiser Disclosure: Your Best Credit Cards has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Your Best Credit Cards and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Commissions do not affect or prioritize placement within our results and not all cards displayed earn us a commission. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
4 Cards Available:
Chase Ink Preferred
Here’s how we calculated your Rewards Value:
Point Value X Multiplier = Rewards Value
Here’s how we calculated your Bonus Value:
Point Value X Bonus = Bonus Value