Advertiser Disclosure: Your Best Credit Cards has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Your Best Credit Cards and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Commissions do not affect or prioritize placement within our results and not all cards displayed earn us a commission. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
59 Cards Available:
Annual Fee: $695
Annual Fee: $695
The Platinum Card® from American Express is full of caché and its heavy metal design will catch more than a few looks. While the fee isn't small, you get a lot back in the form of statement credits and other perks and benefits.
Statement Credit Offers
- $200 in Uber credits annually ($15 per month with a $20 bonus in December)
- $100 in annual Saks Fifth Avenue shopping credits per year ($50 January-June and $50 July-December) as statement credits (Enrollment required)
- $200 in annual airline fee credits (as statement credits) for your chosen airline (Enrollment required)
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit which is good for up to $20 back each month on select digital subscriptions with Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times.(Enrollment Required)
- $200 Hotel Credit as statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel. (Enrollment Required)
- $179 CLEAR Credit as statement credits when you pay for your CLEAR membership with your Card. (Enrollment Required)
- $300 Equinox Credit as a $25 statement credit valid each month at Equinox, valid for Equinox All Access, Destination, or E by Equinox membership fees, or for Equinox+.(Enrollment required)
(All above offers require enrollment after you receive the card.)
You also get access to the American Express Global Lounge Collection, which includes the Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass, and Delta SkyClubs when you are flying Delta. (Enrollment required)
In addition, you get elite status in two hotel programs (enrollment required):
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
- Hilton Gold
While the Bonvoy Gold status is mostly good for small room upgrades and bonus points on stays, Hilton Gold confers free breakfast - a benefit that can really add up!
More Platinum Card benefits:
- Reimbursement (as a statement credit) for your Global Entry or PreCheck membership fees every 4 years.
- Secondary Car rental CDW/LDW collision/damage coverage
- Lost, damaged or stolen baggage insurance
- Extended warranty, purchase protection and return protection on covered purchases
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Access to the Platinum Concierge line
NOTE: This card earns 5x on airfare and hotels, however, the airfare must be booked direct with the airline or at Amex Travel and the hotels must be prepaid at Amex Travel to earn 5x. This site's Estimated Rewards Values will calculate all airfare and hotels at 5x points, so if your hotels are booked directly (which you generally need to do to earn hotel points and status/benefits) please note that they will not earn 5x and your actual rewards value will vary accordingly.
Annual Fee: $125
Annual Fee: $125
Earn Marriott Bonvoy points with the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card for all purchases.
Earn 6x for stays at Marriott; 4x at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, with U.S. shipping companies, and wireless telephone service from U.S. providers; and 2x everywhere else.
Get a free night award, silver status, and 15 elite credits annually. Terms apply.
If you stay at Marriott properties often, this card will offer a nice return on your spend on-property. The 15 elite nights annually can help you get to the next elite level. In fact, if you also have a personal Bonvoy credit card, you can earn 15 elite nights annually on each card - for a total of 30 per year.
Note: For the purposes of calculating your points and expected value, we assume all of your spend at "Hotels" will be at Marriott properties. You will only earn 2x points instead of 6x for spend at non-Marriott properties meaning that your Estimated Rewards Value would be lower than indicated.